Gain skills, improve your CV and have fun by volunteering at our new Donation Centre.
Our new Donation Centre based in Sheffield S4 is our central hub for donations that come to our St Luke's shops. This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to gain experience in a busy sorting room and gain an understanding of distribution and collection.
The majority of our shops do not have a lot of space to store donations, so our new Donation Centre acts as a vital hub where we sort pre-loved items to distribute to our shops and e-Trading stores to help us raise as much as possible towards patient care.
We are always looking for volunteers who are able to help in the following ways:
In return, we will support you in the following ways with your volunteer journey:
- Sort donations into the appropriate categories
- Keep an eye out for high value donations
- Keep the centre clean and tidy
- Help package shop deliveries
- Accept donations from the public and capture Gift Aid income
- Give you the opportunity to meet interesting and diverse people
- Encourage you to give back to the community in a direct and meaningful way
- Help you gain valuable experience and knowledge to support job applications
- Support you with advice and provide references
- Offer you the option to undertake short courses
Volunteering at St Luke's Donation Centre
We have created a video to give you a preview into our Donation Centre, to show you what volunteering with us is really like and the skills you can gain. Click the video below to find out more!
Watch our video
Winners of the Queen's Award for Voluntary Service
This prestigious award recognises our wonderful Volunteers who since 1971 have shown true dedication to help Sheffield people affected by terminal illness.
Winners of the Sheffield Volunteering Award 2018
The Sheffield Volunteering Award is awarded to an 'exemplary organisation working with volunteers'. It recognises the impact that volunteers make on an organisation, as well as the benefits of volunteering for those who take part.