If you're looking for something a little different, our E-Trading Volunteer role could be the one for you. Based behind the scenes in our Crookes shop, this is where our most unique, valuable items are listed on our eBay and Amazon outlets to be sold to customers around the world.
What does the role involve?
Everybody has different skills that they can bring to this role and there really is something for everybody. The main tasks are as follows, but you can adapt the role so it suits your strengths:
- Researching items; finding out what makes them special
- Photography; taking good-quality pictures to capture our donations at their best
- Listing items; following the item upload process for eBay/Amazon and writing accurate, interesting descriptions of items
- Packaging; ensuring items are safely packaged so they arrive with customers in good condition
Who would this role suit?
- Anybody with an interest in collectable, unique or antique items
- Anybody who would like to develop their computer, photography or writing skills
- Anybody who likes to work 'behind the scenes' in a peaceful, friendly environment
- Anybody looking to gain work experience to improve their CV
How to apply
The quickest and easiest way to apply is by completing our online application form.
Alternatively, you can download our paper application form and return a scanned copy to [email protected], or post it to: FAO Volunteer Development Team, St Luke's, Little Common Lane, Sheffield, S11 9NE. If you need assistance completing the form then please call our Volunteering Team on 0114 235 7548.
View a detailed role profile here.