Please read the information on this page about which items we are able to accept before submitting your enquiry. Thank you for your cooperation.
We are delighted to have resumed our furniture collection service in line with the easing of lockdown restrictions in England.
If you have furniture items that you would like to donate, please either:
- Submit a donations collection enquiry using the form below
- Email your contact details, address and a brief description of your furniture items to [email protected]
- Call our Donation Line on 0114 235 7562 and leave a message about your donation.
We'll contact you as soon as possible to find out more about what you would like to donate, and to discuss collection arrangements. Please note, we have been operating a waiting list during lockdown, so there are likely to be significant waiting times.
What to expect during collection
Please be aware, due to Covid-19, all items must be outside of the property or at the entrance to the outside where our drivers can readily move without entering the premises.
A booking does not a guarantee that we will be able to accept the item(s). Our drivers have the final decision on if we are able to accept the items based upon a number of factors.
Please click the submit button below once you have entered all the details regarding your donation. If you have any further enquiries after submitting this form, you can call us on 0114 235 7562 from Monday to Friday, 8.00am - 4.00pm.
What furniture can I donate?
Home or office furniture that's in a saleable condition, safe, clean and that two people can carry. If you're donating soft furnishings or upholstered furniture, it must have its fire safety label attached. We also accept small electrical household goods that are working, safe and less than three years old. You can also see from the list below that we can make use of most household items. Please check that the items you’re donating are clean and in good working condition before taking them into our shops.
We can accept
- Furniture – which must have fire labels attached if it's upholstered
- Large and small electrical appliances that are less than five years old
- Divan bases including fire label with original mattress (in pristine condition)
We can't accept
There are some things we can’t accept for safety or legal reasons. If you’re not sure if we can accept your donations, please check our list below of some of the items we’re asked about most frequently:
- Furniture and Houseware - upholstered furniture without a fire label including all items donated as sets, pillows and duvets unless brand new and carpets.
All our shops take part in the Gift Aid scheme. So if you're a UK taxpayer and sign up for Gift Aid your donations of goods for sale are worth an extra 25% to us when they're sold. You can pick up a leaflet to register for the scheme in any of our shops - or download and print one here to complete and present in store. Signing up is quick and easy, and you only need to do it once.